Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Metta's Definition of Marriage

Full of excitement, I wrote a mail of my decision to take admission at the University of North Carolina to one and all. Thank you for all your best wishes..

Now, what's the relation of my admission and the definition of marriage? Please go ahead and read..

"When I was choosing a man to marry, wise people said that I should keep my eyes very wide open when dating, and half closed when married. For me it was just a reminder that once I had made a very careful decision about my commitment, I needed to be confident about my decision - that it was right for me - and not get hung up on every little flaw in my husband. So, I give you the same advice. Because you have made your decision, I encourage you to be confident that it was the right choice, learn about your options to excel, be proactive, and come to learn." .. Metta

The above is an excerpt of the mail I received from a friend called Metta, who is my senior at the Department of Social Work at University of North Carolina!

Ain't it just amazing.. And thought provoking too.. Surely, start of a new chain!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a splendid thought.. but a funny correlation nonetheless :)

Metta said...

Love you Darshan! Eyes wide open, or half closed, you have made this experience everything it needed to be for you!!! We are so happy for you!