Sunday, March 1, 2009

Rain rain..

This is amazing.. It's been drizzling, raining since last 3 days! Just like Pune..!!

Starting day before, I was to leave for School, after spending a day and a half at home. I walk out of the complex, and feel the droplets on my skin! The sky is haze blue, mixed with orange on horizon.. Cool breeze.. The grass turning green.. A few of the trees ready for spring, already changing colors.. It is beautiful. I am in no mood to climb the bus, but have no choice. Need to reach school..

Day II: Saturday.. Morning is a bit dry. Slowly the rain starts, proceeding from drizzle to proper rain. I am too tempted to resist.. And I decide to walk out. To soak my self, get drenched in that rain.. Ironically, I have to wear a sweat shirt too, cos it is not only rainy, but it is chilly! Leaving my precious cell home, holding a carry bag (cos I need to check post), I walk out! It's been long since I have experienced this bliss.. My room-mate is confused.. What kind of a person is this guy (me)? Has he lost his brain to walk out on a chilly evening in rains? Probably yes.. But, it is worth it!

Day III: Sunday.. Raining since morning.. I am supposed to leave for volunteering at a Community dinner! My duty is with a bunch of other friends, to direct the traffic to appropriate parking lots. Temperature outside: 1 degree Celsius. Expected to dip to -4 degrees. 3 to 6 inches of snow anticipated. Sure, if I still choose to go, I need to be fully prepared. A sweater over a Tee, topped by a jacket, gloves and a woolen cap, borrowing my roommates umbrella, I am out, walking towards the middle school, where the dinner is organized. Headphones plugged in ears, swaying to the music, feel the drizzle, I am absorbed in the bounty of mother nature. Reaching school, I am given an orange jacket, the ones which traffic people wear, and I am assigned right at the main entrance. I know, it will be tough to manage the umbrella, and then speak with people and guide vehicles, so I choose to leave back the umbrella, and it is at that moment, I have chosen my day's destiny! Next 3 hours, I am standing in a increasing flow of rain and reducing range of temperature. Initially it is ok.. Slowly, as time passes, I start freezing. If one wanted to see human fazes of reaction to reducing temperatures, it was perfect day. From properly moving limbs, to a point where I was moving like a Robot, I felt it through!

And, now, when I am back home.. In warmth of my bed.. I still wish I was out, getting drenched.. Freezing.. Enjoying!

No comments: