Sunday, November 16, 2008

War & Peace..

Hamare Hindustan Pakistan mein.......

The words immediately rang a bell in my ears. For the first time in my life, I was surrounded with a mix of Indians and Pakistanis. After all these years of life, when I have been hearing both the sides, reading about both the sides, interacting with both the sides on individual level, today was the first time I was surrounded by my brotherhood, that was separated due to one line on paper. Was it just one line? Or was it... The question itself is incomplete!

I am just back from a Qawwali Night, by Amjad Sabri. I am back, but it is still going on and would go on possibly till 03:00 a.m. or later.. It has the capacity to hold on to audience! It held on to me too. And that is where the words were uttered by the maestro! The words touched my heart, and so also of the audience, from both the sides of the boundaries!

Yesterday, I attended a Human Rights Anti-Conference! A conference that was not in conventional meaning a conference, but it was a gathering of artists and an attempt to understand human rights through heir perception. The opening segment was by an Iraqi sculptor, who lost everything he had in the war. And he posed only one question, "Is war about who wins and who looses for the moment, or is it about the eternal impact it has on humanity?"

When I link up above both incidences, I realize, everyone wants peace. You, me, army, the politicians, everyone. What differs is, the approach..

No comments: