Thursday, June 5, 2008

As goes the Wildebahn..!

When I named this blog WILDEBAHN, I never knew, it will seriously take me to wild roads and I will write bout them some day!

Being on the old travelled paths after years is sure to take you down the road of memories! And the drive from SFO to San Jose was nothing different! It swarms back the memories of 2004.. Of the spur of moment trip to SFO to meet 2 friends. A journey, which changed my life for good forever! Bonded me with two other people from 2 other corners of the world! And today, I am back in this town. trying to recollect the name of the beach, where we 3 celebrated our friendships, our lives, the best moments of my US stay then!

Last few days have been pretty much busy! I first landed in Amsterdam and immediatly travelled to the I'nal city of law and justice, the Hague, or Den Haag, as called in Dutch! It is a city where an individual will love to live. Full of greenery.. Full of water bodies.. It is just amazing. As perfectly described by an European Mayor, "Cities are made for people, not otherwise..", as it is considered world wide. And beat this, my first intro with this city was, a typical Dutch accident. Can anyone of you imagine, what it has to be? An 84 year old man is banged down by a 18 year old girl. And what are they both driving? They are cycling.. Yes.. CYCLING.. The Netherlands is a nation, where the Minister of state also prefers to travel on a bicycle! Here is where I realised what fresh air means. Guys, there's loads for all of us to learn..

Yes, there's so much of Hague I have to share, that I will write bout it later. Right now I am just letting off a bit of the steam. Cos the internet was so expensive in the HAgue, that now in the US, it is my first priority to write! ;-)

Yeah, so after finishing of the conference in the Hague, and later spending an extra night in the city I am in love with, I flew for the STATES! The land where dreams are made, lives are lived, the land which we may hate to accept or love to deny, but in truth, rules the world! The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! Last time I was here, it was a 3 months stint! But today, when I was landing, it was a different emotion. I am sure, all me friends who are alreeady here or will be here in future, know what this feeling is. Waiting in the long line at the immigrations, and reading the board saying : VISITORS.. It gave a rise to loads of thoughts! And incidentaly, with Sanyukta's grace, I am reading the book, "Maximum City" by Suketu Mehta! Now, for immediate instance, you may not be able to place all these contexts together! Butas I will go an adding to this topic, surely, u all will react!

I have just landed and reached home.. I'll grab a quick shower and a brisk walk. Get back to you with loads of Wildebahn stories later.. Keep reading and reacting too..!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Grrrrr.... read the rest of the story in your inbox!!!!

Darshan P. Mundada said...

Oye Annika.. Danke for your reply! It was perfect! Hope we can see each other in Germany!