Friday, June 6, 2008

The Jetlag..!

I have been always proud of myself for 2 things.. Drinks cant get me high and jetlag cant get me down. And yes, the pride cracks..

The day I landed in Hague, I was sleepy like anyhting. And the irony was, at midnight 12, Hague was a s bright as evening 6:30 of summers, in India! India and Netherlands have a time difference of 3 hours, and with the addition o fday light saving, it is 4 hours. So, midnight 12 in the Hague meant Morning 4 in India.. So, I still take pride saying I was not jetlagged but it was natural! ;-).. lol

Aint it an amazign concept! When th ewhole world is cribbing about undue usage of resources, here is a simple idea, which saves a lot of energy. Because in summers, the sun rises early and sets late, the days are brighter. So, to utilise this, Europe, USA an dmost of the high latitude countries forwards their clocks by 1 hour. As quoted on one of the sites, "Daylight Saving Time "makes" the sun "set" one hour later and therefore reduces the period between sunset and bedtime by one hour. This means that less electricity would be used for lighting and appliances late in the day. We may use a bit more electricity in the morning because it is darker when we rise, but that is usually offset by the energy savings in the evening."

And to my surprise, from the bigfat search engine, Google, I came to knwo that India also had this concept at a point of time! WOW.. Thats good.. What is our energy and environment minister doing today?

1 comment:

FateGlimpse said...

Isn't the Netherlands SUCH a progressive country when it comes to practicing energy efficiency and looking for green power. really, there's lots to learn from that country