Friday, July 10, 2009

O M P H


Om Mani Padme Hum.. Om Mani Padme Hu.. Om Mani Padme Huunn..

Being led by a Tibetan lady to rotate the praying wheels in the Dalai Lama temple at McLeod Ganj near Dharamshala, this is how our (mine and Abhay's) mantra transformed... Starting with a proper Sanskrit 'Hum', I ended up with a proper Tibetan "Huunn" pronounced with cupping your lips!

Now you would ask, why was I doing that in first place? Because first of all I believe in higher power, second I believe in experiencing the culture of my geographic location (which in last 3 months have changed several times), and third, I love Tibetans! Though I have been warned several times (by Tibetans) that I should stop seeing the Dalai Lama in every Tibetan, I can't help it.. ;)

Anyway, so I'm getting in touch with you all after long. You were accustomed to my mood swings in person, but my mood swings in writing are much extreme. Till I do not nail it down, writing is not my cup of tea! Ohhh.. that reminds me, I have progressed way beyond three cups of tea... Though started only more thna a month back, my tea drinking habit is picking up the speed of Rajdhani express (those who do not know, it is the India superfast train connecting metropolitan citis with the capital). So, anyway, I am loving it. And my favorite is black ginger tea with lemon and honey... And also, once in a while, the typical kattyacha chaha, round the nook and corners of Pune! Long ago, once on an early morning drive with my girl friend (who loved chai), we went to this old chai place in the old city of Pune. She tried coercing me to taste a sip, but I would not budge. Chai was a big big no then. And, the other day, with another friend of mine, I went to the same place, but this time devoured the chai! That's how one changes... ;)

Most important, while I am writing, some one has to come in... Abhay's already done with his work and wants to go for a "cup of tea." So guys, I'll see you around soon (hoping to continue with my writing spree for a while). Till then, adios! Miss ya all..

No comments: