Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Seriousness

I seem to be engulfed by this word, seriousness. Mind you, not in my actions in real life, nor in my thoughts.. But, in this virtual world of blogging!

Since last few days, I have been planning to tell you all about my 'culinary skills' (insert prefix: terrible), but, every day seems to be serving me with new topics, that I literally, and factually, end up not dealing with food or cooking.. ;)..
More than food, I seem to be gulping down the word: Conflict..

One day, it is Darfur and Sudan, the other day, it is the war in Iraq. After the conceptual travel through Darfur, then Iraq, I suddenly find myself in Afghanistan.. The journey further takes me to Bangladesh, and then, I found myself in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) today.. No need to mention, my dear "India" in this whole picture.. It seems, the world is so full of conflict, that the "Chaos theory" of metaphysics is coming to life! And, it is coming to my life more than ever from every individual I am meeting.. From Nobel Peace Laureate, Prof. Muhammad Yunus; to Iraqi journalist, Muhammad Abdullah Fadaam; to former child soldier from Sudan, Emmanuel Jal; to today's meeting with the former adviser to the President of DRC and UN official, Dr. Nzongla, the peace fellowship is supposed to be serving its purpose!

But you know what, I had assumed that this fellowship will give me answers to many questions.. I am not sure about answers, but it is questioning my fundamentals, and as if this is not enough, it is gifting me with more and more questions every day!

Life ho toh aisi.. ;)

No comments: