Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Promise..


Shuffling through my old docs, I found this letter.. It was start of a serendipitous relation; which soon afterwards, reached a crossroad.. That's but natural for a flowing river, the twists and turns make it's flow more serene!

But, the one's who consider these twists an end of their journey, I am not one of those.. The twists twitch you a bit, to improve on turns, and the flow gets smoother and smoother, till a point where not only the river, but the stones also roll.. That's when we find pebbles.. Twists and turns are nothing, but the necessary factors, to make one realize the worth of "Life". At least, it did make me realize..

And so, with renewed spirits, regenerated mindset; the emotions still hold the same fragrance.. Love seldom changes.. St. Valentines was unique.. So would this letter be..

"
My Life,

it’s been great knowing you and being friends! The serendipitous friendship, a sweet mistake of chance that we’ve experienced has gradually developed into an immaculate relation! I’m sure, the small seedling is going to develop into a gorgeous tree, n this poem is dedicated to that gradual growth! I don’t know who wrote these lines, but they touch my heart & soul... Thus, here’s a small gift for a very special friend..

PROMISE !!!

If I had to promise you something, what would it be?

I can’t promise that you would always be comfortable..
Because comfort brings boredom & discomfort.

I can’t promise that all your desires will be fulfilled…
Because desires, whether fulfilled or unfulfilled bring frustration.

I can’t promise that there will always be good time…
Because it is tough time that makes us appreciate joy.

I can’t promise that we will be rich or famous or powerful…
Because they can all be pathways to misery.

I can’t promise that we will always be together…
Because it is separation that makes togetherness so wonderful.

Yet if you are willing to walk with me,
If you are willing to value love over everything else,
I promise that this will be the most rich & fulfilled life possible.

I promise your life will be an eternal celebration,
I promise I’ll cherish you more than
A king cherishes his crown,
And I shall love you more than
A mother loves her new born.

If you are willing to walk into my arms,
If you are willing to live in my heart,
You will find the one you have waited for ever…
You will meet yourself in my arms…
I Promise!

(By Unknown Author)

Love,

Dee Dee
"

No comments: